Dr. Arthur J. Hernandez
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
Dr. Arthur J. Hernandez is a board-certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon who returned to his hometown of San Antonio after honorably serving in the United States Navy for 13 years. Dr. Hernandez held several positions during his service, including Head of the Dental Department and Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Navy Hospital in Bremerton, Washington and Ship’s Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon abound the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72). Dr. Hernandez was then offered a faculty position at the Naval Hospital Portsmouth OMS training program. However, with his wife and 2 daughters in mind, he declined the position and elected instead to return to San Antonio to raise his young family and start his private practice. Dr. Hernandez has practiced his specialty exclusively since 1987 and has been in private practice in San Antonio since 1997.
He is an alumnus of Central Catholic School, St. Mary’s University (graduating with honors) and the University of Texas Dental School at San Antonio.
Dr. Hernandez has been selected by his peers as Top Dentist in the San Antonio area for multiple years and Texas Monthly Super Dentist.
Dr. Hernandez enjoys spending time with his family (wife Thelma, daughters Olivia and Claudia). He is an avid Spurs and Cowboys fan and enjoys running, hiking, fitness training, fishing, kayaking and other outdoor activities.
More information on Dr. Hernandez’s professional affiliations and certifications include:
- Fellow, American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- Texas Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- San Antonio District Dental Society
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Certificate of Office Anesthesia Evaluation
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers